For those of you looking for swimming lessons, the American Red Cross offers a variety of aquatic programs including Learn-to-Swim courses and lifeguarding. Here is a list of authorized providers in the Louisville region.
- Baptist East/Milestone Wellness Center, 750 Cypress Station Dr. - (502) 896-3900 x132
- Aquatics Management Corp., Website - (502) 471-0826
- Jewish Community Center, 3600 Dutchmans Ln. - (502) 238-2740
- Kentuckiana Pool Management, Website - (502) 394-9759
- Lakeside Swim Club, 2010 Trevilian Way - (502) 454-4585 x225
- Metro Parks Mary T. Meagher Aquatic Center, 201 Reservoir Rd. - (502) 897-9949
- Ralph Wright Natatorium at U of L, 2216 S. Floyd St. - (502) 852-3691 OR (502) 419-3959
- Anderson Aquatics, 7962 Wilson Rd. - (502) 624-6217
- Shelby Co. Parks & Recreation, 717 Burks Branch Rd., Shelbyville, KY - (502) 633-5059
- YMCA Floyd Co. Branch, 33 State Street., New Albany, IN - (812) 283-9622
- YMCA of Harrison Co., 198 Jenkins Court N.E., Corydon, IN - (812) 734-0770
Enjoy the water, and don't forget to take a look at these Red Cross water safety tips before jumping in.